a Jew and his blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Work Malaise


Ain't that the truth?
Originally uploaded by jerebo.

I'm probably risking employment by blogging this, but what the fuck? The third bullet point of my blog's mission statement is:

Observations, reviews, deep thoughts, memories, future memories, anecdotes, truly tasteless jokes volume IV, and other kinds of crap.

I think job malaise falls into this category.

Some you may know that I have been temping at Twentieth Century Fox Television for the last few weeks after a two and a half month bout of unemployment. Prior to that I was working on a segment producer on a show, which will remain unnamed, but it rhymes with the last De La Soul album (and no, it's not AOI: Bionix)*. I was all set to go back to said show in June, which would last until early January. Not too bad for production work, even if there was about a month or so of unpaid "holidays" scattered throughout its duration.

How I long for those days now. I just found out that due to a "restructuring" I would work on the new season from June to Labor Day. I thought I was being Punk'd! There was even talk about cuting my meager salary. Needless to say I'm very upset by this turn of events, especially since I'm set to finally move out of my mom's house this weekend.

Before the donations start pouring in, I should say that I think I'll be okay. I'm currently a rising star in the Fox temp pool and I am networking like a madman as shows start staffing up in May. If worse comes to worse, I can always go back to the segment producer gig for that brief juncture and just look again for temp work in September -- though truthfully this whole turn of events has left a bitter taste in my mouth.


*thanks to Jeff Spector

1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

I hear Tony Roma's is hiring.

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home