a Jew and his blog

Thursday, April 28, 2005

No, I'm not going to Coachella!

In case you haven't head, Coachealla is all the buzz. With cover stories in today's City Beat and L.A. Times Calendar section I almost feel like a loser for not plunking down $150 for the weekend music festival. I actually almost bought a ticket for Sunday, cause I would love to see NIN (why is Nine Inch Nails never spelled out?), New Order, and my future wife, M.I.A., but I have to move that day, so that takes priority.

I went to Coachella a few years ago and was a bit underwhelmed. It seemed that during the evening every band I wanted to see was playing simultaneously, but unfortunately not on the same stage. It was also very hot, Indio being east of Palm Springs and it being springtime and all. One piece of advice -- don't take Ecstasy at 2 pm at a festival show in the desert.

Part of me wishes I'd gone to the last couple Cochellas. Seems like last year's was the cat's meow. Radiohead. The Pixies. Why is everyone so into The Pixies all of a sudden? I wasn't really aware of them when they first burst onto the scene back in the late 80s and I didn't know anyone else who was into them either. But they reunite and everyone loves the fucking Pixies. Like many people I was first introduced to their music by the inclusion of "Where is my Mind?" in Fight Club. It's the "Born Slippy" of that film. I have grown to dig them -- they're great to work out to -- but I don't claim to be their biggest fan in the world and I certainly wasn't going to shlep to Indio to see them.

There's no real thesis or moral to this entry. Just a random thought.

4 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Your bone's got a little machine.

9:26 AM

 
Blogger C said...

Ten millions sludge from New York and New Jersey.

9:43 AM

 
Blogger C said...

This is a song about a superhero named Tony. It's called Tony's Theme!

10:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

caulfield racecourse

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home