a Jew and his blog

Sunday, March 05, 2006

I should've seen it at the Nuart

Strike #2 against the Pacific Cinemas at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. Read here for strike #1.

Being unemployed I thought I'd check out a nice Friday matinee of Night Watch. I'm a big horror geek and this looked like a fun movie. My brother, who has such erudite tastes, really dug the movie and said it was right up my alley.

So I went with my friend Mark.

We got there right as the trailers were beginning. Practically nobody in the theater. Great!

Mark had been drinking a lot of water since he just got over bronchitis or something, so he got up to use the bathroom quite a few times. His first time getting up was about 20 minutes into the film. A couple minutes later I thought I heard him come back to our row, so I looked to see, but it was some random guy.

A couple minutes later the guy scoots close to me and asks, "Did I miss much?"

I couldn't fucking believe it!

I said, "I'm in the middle of watching the movie."

He went back to his seat.

About an hour later Mark was bathroom-bound again.

And a cell phone rings.

And the dumb fuck in my row takes the call and starts talking.

I looked at him and told him to get off the phone.

He did not.

I then told him to shut the fuck up.

He finally left the auditorium to take the call.

And all these pundits can't figure out why box office grosses are dropping.

Do I really need to shlep all the way to the Arclight just to see a movie uninterrupted?

5 Comments:

Blogger triplecreme said...

I can't believe he asked you if he missed anything. Maybe he just wanted to blow you.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger C said...

Damn, Mr. Thesaurus. Why you gotta make your vocabulary-challenged little bro look up all them big words like "erudite." Apparently I'm not as learned as you think.

10:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://mxqrqyzd.com/whcm/nrnt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://esdpsshw.com/canx/asts.html]Cool site[/url]

1:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

1:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://mxqrqyzd.com/whcm/nrnt.html | http://qhfjldki.com/rmwv/lepo.html

1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home