a Jew and his blog

Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm not gay, but...

...the new Madonna album is fucking rad!

Seriously. I actually don't like Madonna that much as a person. Yeah, I respect her as an artist and I admire her longevity and constant re-invention and all that jazz, but her immersion into UK society has not made her any different than any other Brentwood boojie. In fact she's much, much worse. Just read these lyrics from "American Life":

I got a lawyer and a manager
An agent and a chef
Three nannies, an assistant
And a driver and a jet
A trainer and a butler
And a bodyguard or five
A gardener and a stylist
Do you think I'm satisfied?


Three fucking nannies?! Wow, you're some mother, Madonna. You must spend some quality time with Rocco and Lourdes.

But I digress...

The new album... WOW! It's got that "Ray of Light" electronica vibe, which I love. It brings me back to my rave days minus MDMA, glow sticks, and pacifiers. I have not stopped listening to it, since I bought it. It's replaced Kanye West's "Late Registration" as my new favorite album.

And I cannot fucking wait for the tour! I mean, how can I not see Madonna in concert? I used to have prepubescent sexual fantasies about her back in 1985. She's aged like a fine wine. With nannies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home