a Jew and his blog

Friday, August 26, 2005

R.I.P. Six Feet Under


I thought she drove a Prius?
Originally uploaded by jerebo.
(I know I said I would be blogging more often, but I can no longer tap into my neighbor's wireless connection, and I slack enough at work so...)

I know the season finale of "Six Feet Under" is so 5 days ago, but I still think it's the best 70 minutes of TV in the last decade. I've been watching the coda for the past several nights and each time I watch it I get a good cry.

A co-worker who happens to be a fellow 6FU fan predicted that Sia's "Breathe Me," which plays over the coda would be the #1 song on iTunes this week. She was wrong, but the Volume 2 soundtrack is the top album.

I dub "Breathe Me" the "Mad World" (aka Donnie Darko song) of '05. It's got the same vibe and plays over some very touching images. Get ready for your local SUV/Starbucks/KCRW/30-something year old chicks to be playing this song to death.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:37 AM

 
Blogger Maya said...

The only reason Breathe Me isn't the #1 tune is because it's Album Only. Great song though.

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home