a Jew and his blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

"Stella!!!!"

If you're a Comedy Central viewer like myself, then I'm sure you've seen the commercials for the new sketch comedy show Stella.

This comedy troupe consists of David Wain, Michael Showalter, and Michael Ian Black who were all previously members/founding fathers/whatevers of The State, a comedy troupe they founded at NYU, which begat a short-lived MTV series, with an even shorter run on CBS.

I don't know about you, but those Comedy Central commericals are not that funny.

Nor is this article.

I had the displeasure of meeting two of the Stella members a few years ago. Read here for more details.

I still think Wet Hot American Summer is one of the funniest films ever made, but I may have to kill my TV if I ever see Michael Ian Black's smug face on it again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rev.Speats said...

"Stella" = "Smugga"

Pasty hipsters passing as comics are about as funny as a box of paper clips...this troupe is probally very good at making each other laugh and not much else.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger C said...

I gotta admit, I was disappointed by the episode I saw. I loved Wet Hot American Summer and the State, but they're trying way too hard to cutesy and wacky on this show and it falls flat. They should try being less smarmy; they make Jimmy Fallon look like Rodney Dangerfield.

3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home