a Jew and his blog

Friday, May 06, 2005

I feel like Michael York


Maybe I can be in the remake?
Originally uploaded by jerebo.

I will try and keep the whiny, self-loathing blogs to a minimum, but I read something in today's Variety that blew me away. (Click here for article.)

I met Austin a few years ago when he was dating a friend who appeared in a short film I co-wrote/produced. I remember him being a cool guy with a similar smart-alecky, Jewy, pop culturey sensibility.

I haven't seen him in five years and recently learned that he created the John Stamos series Jake in Progress.

He's only 28!

What the hell am I doing with my life?

True, the time I spend updating my blog and looking on Defamer and JDate could be better spent working on my own scripts so I do not have to complain about folks like him being so young and successful.

Another recent doozy:

I found an old flame on Friendster. Well, I don't know if you can consider a girl I met at a Hebrew School conclave and kissed after we saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade an official flame, but what the hell?

She's now a producer with Kevin Williamson's company.

Shes 29.

What do I have to show for myself? Well I finally moved out of my mom's house after an 11-month post-San Francisco stint. I'm winding up my temp work at 20th Century Fox Television next week...yeah, things seem to be going well. Im keeping my fingers crossed that I can segue this current gig into a writer's assistant position on a show when the upfronts are announced in two weeks. (I didn't know what an upfront was until very recently. This is when the networks announce their fall line-ups, so shows can staff up.)

Anyway I should stop bitching and start writing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom and Pop Art said...

kiddo, there is NO sanctuary ...

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home